Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sucking it up

By Virginia Winder

This is a speed blog because bed beckons.
It might be wild out there, but inside I've been training - 1km in the pool, 1 hour on the bike and straight off, into running shoes, and a medium job around two blocks. Came home and did Pilates breathing, stomach exercises and stretching.
Dinner tonight was spaghetti bolognaise, but I left most of the pasta, ate the meat and gobbled down a fresh salad.
My Pilates teacher at Contours has taught useful tips, like use your bum muscles when you kick. Am also practising my gliding techniques (inspired by Olympic swimmers) and trying to keep my head still in between breaths.
On the bike, I'm concentrating on sucking in my stomach muscles and making sure the points under my feet are pressing evenly. Did the same with running to try changing my pronation. Every step I take, every breath I take is purposeful and goes back to mindfulness - focusing on this moment.
Had a good food day, but need to up my water intake.
This speed blog is through the finish line now.
Heading to bed to listen to some mindfulness meditations by Dr Russell Harris, who has written http://www.thehappinesstrap.com/. May peace be with you - a variation on "may the force be with you".

1 comment:

  1. Great to read another post from you! I have been an avid follower and thought you had gone for good. You are an inspiration. Best of luck with your upcoming events:)

    ReplyDelete