Thursday, May 10, 2012

Queen of Shorts gets smaller, busier

By Virginia Winder
My daughter in Wellington and her friend in Auckland have been missing my blogs.
"Why don't you just write something short, Mum, like 'I went for a run and ate a carrot'. They don't all have to be masterpieces," Clementine said on the phone tonight.
"I suppose you're right," I said wondering, who would want to read about carrots, but it did get me thinking about briefs.
Not the type you wear, but snippets.
I could be the mistress of them - the Queen of Shorts.
"I'm under 90kg now," I said.
"Really?"
"Yes, I'm in the 80s, I've made it! I'm actually 88kg."
It happened so fast.
I can thank those egg-shaped green fruit - feijoas - cutting out alcohol and added sugar. I no longer have it in flat whites!
Alas, I haven't been balanced in the world of work, so aim to do better in regards to efficiency, focus and self-discipline.
Same goes for training.
It's high-endurance, no-excuses, this-is-it time. It's about long bike rides, pounding roads, length after length in the pool.
Races have been entered and paid for by Bryce Barnett and his wonderful team at KCL Properties - I am entered in the Tinman on December 2 this year and the Port of Tauranga Half Ironman on January 5, 2013.
Coach Clint sat me down and said I should stick to my original aim, so I am. But also plan to do the Wells half-ironman six weeks later in Taranaki.
Before that is the Taranaki Daily News half marathon on October 7 - just five months away! The Tinman is seven months away, the half-ironman eight months.
Training is everything.
Life? This is my life!
See why blogs need to be short?!
Thanks wise child.

No comments:

Post a Comment