Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dog tired after double-dose days

By Virginia Winder
It's possible I overdid things a little today.
Went for a 3.5km walk with the dog, but it wasn't a fast outing because it's hard to pump my arms and hold a leash.
Think I'll take Xena for pleasure strolls instead of the power walks.
Still, we boht enjoyed sniffing the fresh, salt-laden air and walking beside a messy teal sea.
This evening I went to spin class at the gym and it was great. Found it much more manageable than last time, although I did get cramp in my feet.
One of my classmates said that to stop this happening I need to push down on the pedals with my heels, rather than my toes.
The women also assured me my nether regions would "harden up" as I get used to the bike seat, so am feeling positive about cycling.
When I got home I went for a quick walk around the block to start teaching my body about transitions.
Must admit that I'm a bit shattered now, so this is just a short blog because bed beckons.
Tomorrow is Thursday, so I just may have a rest day, but still take the dog for a gentle trot.
A friend sent me a wonderful email tonight and reminded me how far I've come.
That first day of exercise I only managed a 20-minute walk - now I'm fit enought to exercise twice a day.
Still, I have a long way to go to do a half-ironman, but it's all just one step, one stroke, one pedal push at a time...

Today, I:
Worked for 3 hours
Walked 3.5km
Completed a spin class at the gym
Did a short transition walk at speed
Drank heaps of water
Drank 2 cups of coffee
Slept for 8 hours
Ate 2 healthy meals and then indulged in a delicious curry dinner, but didn't eat too much rice
Went to the movies with my friend Glenys and my teenagers

No comments:

Post a Comment