Friday, November 11, 2011

Mr Moon walks upon the water

By Virginia Winder
Went to the gym tonight and sweated through 20 minutes of Michael Franti, Split Enz, Pink and a song from the Bend It Like Beckham soundtrack.
Those minutes were spent on the exercycle and I pushed it, especially when Baddest Ruffest by Backyard Dog came on. That song from Bend It, is my favourite speed track of all time and if you see me absolutely powering it uphill, on the coastal walkway or pedalling like crazy at the gym, chances are that's what I'm listening to.
After the bike, I did weights and other exercises, then walked home.
We sat outside and enjoyed a BBQ dinner of lamb steak, Greek salad and bruschetta, then I picked flowers in the fading light.
Today was a good day and a productive one.
Worked and exercised hard, ate well and enjoyed the sunshine.
Had a whole bunch of interviews and then had a gorgeous Mexican lunch from Tesoro Fresh Mex. My meal was spicy, by choice, because I do so love those endorphins.
It's lovely because Clementine is home studying, so this afternoon she hit the books and I wrote.
Normally, today I'd be telling you how much weight I've lost (or not), but I have no idea because our scales are broken. Think moisture probably got into them in the bathroom.
I'm feeling good, but would like to know the truth - is this regime working or not?
Think I may have been eating meals that are too large, so cutting down might be on the cards.
Yesterday was meant to be a rest day, but went for a dusk walk by the sea with Warren (husband) and Xena (our dog) and watched the moon rise.
Warren sang: "Mr Moon you walk upon the water." That's a line from a song by the Headless Chickens and even his wailing didn't spoil the moment.
Those simple, beautiful moments make exercising a great joy.

Today, I:
Slept for 7.5 hours
Worked for 8 hours
Did a workout at the gym (walked there and back too)
Ate nutritious, healthy food, but maybe my portions were too big
Drank a good amount of water
Drank 2 cups of coffee
Drank 2 glasses of wine (pinot gris)

No comments:

Post a Comment