Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Spongebob says it best

By Virginia Winder
As Spongebob sings: "It's the best day ever."
Yep, today was a good one.
The sun was out, we put the tent up in the backyard, went for a swim at Back Beach and, afterwards, Camille and I headed to the aquatic centre to do some lengths.
I powered through 40 without stopping at all and then did another 10 doing drag and using my paddles.
Afterwards, we had Mexican food for dinner out on the deck and then Warren and I went off to The Most to do our radio shows.
My show, called Waxing Lyrical, was a bit eclectic tonight, to say the least. I started off with Monty Python's Always Look on The Bright Side, threw in songs by Alabama 3, Fred Dagg, Helen Reddy, Gorillaz, Manic Street Preachers and that rock star, Spongebob Squarepants.
Yes, I destroyed my street cred by playing Spongebob on the show and then completely ruined my cool persona by finishing off with a deep and meaningful yuletide song about the insanity of war.
Yes, you've guessed it ... I played Snoopy's Christmas.
At lunchtime I was stood up by a bunch of blokes.
Still, one did turn up although he had no idea I was going to.
Poor fella.
It turns out that Vaughan, from my college days, was the perfect lunch partner. You see he's an ironman and had heaps of valuable advice to pass on about nutrition and listening to your body's needs.
Also went to the physio today and she fitted my shoes with supportive insoles instead of taping me up. Annoyingly, I'm terribly allergic to the tape and the skin on my foot has peeled off. Forgot to get the moonboot for sleeping, so will pop over tomorrow (the physio is across the road from home).
I know that for some time I have been hinting at big news on the horizon, well the news will be released in the new year.
When it is, please know these things about me:
A. I am constantly humbled by the goodness of people.
B. I reckon I'm one of the most fortunate people on the planet.
C. I'm absolutely terrified to put myself out there, but am doing it for a cause greater than myself.
D. It still feels weird to write about myself and I constantly ask myself, if I'm doing the right thing.
E. I still find other people's stories way more interesting and inspiring than my own.

Today, I:
Swam 50 lengths of a 50m pool
Went for a swim in the sea
Worked for 30 minutes
Slept for 9 hours
Drank some water (still not enough!)
Had 2 cups of coffee
Ate fantastically well all day
Hung out with family
Went to physio to get treatment for my plantar fasciitis

1 comment:

  1. You are an inspriation! I have had a gastric bypass and it has changed my life so much for the better. I have lost 53kgs and have just competed in the national Champs for sailing. There were only 3 women in the champs so I felt very special at 51yrs old to be able to compete.People do not recognise me because of my weight loss. I can't get over the differnce it has made to my life.I can now fit into a plane seat with room to spare. Go Girl you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete