Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fast walk with Michael Franti

By Virginia Winder
Had a slow day but a brisk walk invigorated me.
Listened to Michael Franti and Spearhead as I strode along the walkway.
Great beat for walking! Felt so energised afterwards.
This is a short post because it's half time in the France vs England quarterfinal of World Cup. The earlier quarterinal was tough because I wanted both to win. Poor Ireland, good on ya Wales.
It's OK to have a slow day, my husband keeps telling me.
He cooked a fantastic fish curry for tea tonight. He's such a master.
I ate well, rested, made plans, read, dreamt and finally tidied my terribly messy bedroom.
You would think that I'd have moved on from my teenage untidiness, but every now and then I digress. Badly.
I like the idea of decuttering for 15 minutes every day, so will have a go at that tomorrow.
Also, I've been slack at biking, which is my weakest discipline for this upcoming triathlon.
All the books I've been reading say you should focus on your weakest link. To be honest, it should be my strongest because I've got strong legs.
So tomorrow, will get on the bike.
Back to the rugby...

Today, I:
Ate three healthy meals and am cutting back on my carbohydrates
Had 1 coffee
Drank more water
Drank 2 glasses of pinot gris
Walked for 50 minutes listening to music
Worked for 2 hours
Slept for 8.5 hours overnight

No comments:

Post a Comment