Monday, October 3, 2011

Time to sit-up and avoid the lightning

By Virginia Winder
Today is the first day I just didn't have time - or the desire - to do aerobic exercise.
Had back-to-back meetings after work, including the launch of a friend's motivational speaking and stress-busting business. Pretty inspirational and undoubtedly 100 times more useful to me than a walk in the elements.
Yes, I had a 20-minute window to head out for a fast trot, but decided to flag it.
Why?
Because for hours on end we've been experiencing electric storms and torrential rain. There's flooding, tornado warnings and the ever-present sound of thunder rumbling like an awakening volcano. It's scary out there.
Instead, I have been doing sit-ups.
Once upon-a-time I had washboard abs and could do 100 situps easily.
Now, well let's just say, I'm rediscovering my inner self and know I'll be hurting tomorrow.
"I'm hurting now," says Wheedle Voice.
"It's all fun though," says Inner Athlete.
Wheedle Voice is not permitted a Tui retort.
Just so you know, the whole time I've been writing this, the thunder and lightning continues.
This storm has now been tumbling overhead now for about eight hours, maybe longer.
Time to snuggle down in bed with the sound of the rain on the roof.

Today, I:
Did sit-ups
Ate three excellent meals
Turned down fried nibbles at a business launch
Worked for 9 hours
Slept about 3 hours (who knows why)
Drank lots of water

No comments:

Post a Comment