Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lose Yourself in the Best Day Ever!

By Virginia Winder
Music with a beat is my driving force while out walking.
Underdog by Kasabian powered me up Cutfield Rd hill, which, for the unknowing, is a long steep stretch that got my heart pounding.
Vlad The Impaler propelled me across Sanders Park and Fire helped me get through the cramping Achilles pain along Tukapa St. Yes, Kasabian again.
Added Eminem in there with Lose Yourself because it makes me dream of what could be and it's a great walking beat.
Have got a large collection of upbeat songs on my Sony Walkman sports MP3 player, which is a few years old but still great.
I am definitely inspired by music, even more so than stories. It's easy to think: "Right, I'll push myself hard for this song."
It's like there's a concert going on in my head and, crazily, I even imagine I'm there, in the crowd, watching it live. If I'm hurting, I focus on the sound in my head, and often I can simply walk through the pain.
There's music that makes me feel powerful, songs that make me want to dance, and others that tickle my muse and still more that evoke a deep peace inside and a smile from my heart.
Walking to music is my happy place.
If you might striding me out there, a goofy grin on my face, chances are I'll be listening to Michael Franti or the The Best Day Ever by that famous singer... Spongebob Squarepants!
Yep, I'm having fun.

Today, I:
Walked for 40 minutes
Ate three nutritious meals, including lots of green salad
Drank a good amount of water
Had 3 cups of coffee
Worked for 8 hours
Slept for 9 hours (I couldn't wake up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment