Monday, October 10, 2011

Tagging along with Margaret and Diane

By Virginia Winder
Had my best night in the pool thanks to Margaret and Diane.
I have no idea who these women are but they let me tag along with them and do lengths. OK, so they didn't get much choice; I just followed them.
Yes, I've become a creepy lane stalker.
But it's OK, because when we had to move lane and I asked them if it was alright to chase them, they said yes.
In fact, Margaret suggested we each take turns leading out for two lengths at a time.
Wow, that was fun, although Diane did two incredibly fast lengths that left me gasping for breath.
The lengths went by so quickly, it was terrific and they've said I can join them any time we're at the pool at the same time. Yes, you're right, I asked them and they couldn't really say no, with me standing there like an eager pup.
So, I'll be looking out for them.
Other parts of my life aren't so hot.
Worked at home today because I've been having these ongoing upset stomachs. Pretty certain it's IBS because I've had this problem on and off for years. Not certain what causes it, but think stress is a factor. Have read a bit about it, but haven't taken it on board. Think I'll be forced to.
Blew it on the work front today. Clocked up 14 hours, which is pretty bad. Also slept badly and not long enough.
Felt too tired to exercise, but went anyway and it revived me.
Also didn't do so well on the food front today. Ate nuts and dried fruit, mainly because I didn't have time to makes something decent for lunch or breakfast.
I'll cut myself some slack though, because I have been pretty good for days, even weeks on end.
That's my day, one buoyed by the All Blacks' win over Argentina.
What has happened to me? I have become a rugby nut and am not looking forward to the end of the World Cup.
What will I do in November?

Today, I:
Worked for 14 hours
Ate 1 healthy meal, and nibbled my way through the rest of the day
Swam 60 lengths of a 25m pool - thanks Margaret and Diane!
Drank 3 cups of coffee
Drank hardly any water
Slept badly for 4.5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment