Tuesday, October 18, 2011

No back-pedalling on bike training

By Virginia Winder
Went into a spin this morning.
Rose early to head off to a 6.15am spin cycle class at the gym and discovered I am not bike fit, in the slightest.
I know, I've said I'll starting biking, but have been avoiding it. To do this triathlon and start my long haul towards the half ironman, I just have to get back in the saddle, so to speak.
The spin class was a good start and a moment of truth.
The women around me could do all the moves, like stand-up pedalling, back-pedalling and sprinting with bums off the seat. I wobbled about, my thighs burning and had to sit down heaps.
It appears I'm going to have to go into training to do a spin class. My bike is going to be getting lots of use (unless it's monsoon-like out there).
Just been talking to my niece and she shared a saying that's on the wall of her boxing club: "Pain is weakness leaving the body."
That's an excellent sentiment to focus on and I must have a lot of weakness. The opposite of course is strength!
Tomorrow morning I have an improve-my-style swimming so am heading to bed early. Watched the final of True Blood last night (OMG!), so didn't get enough sleep - again.
So I'll head off, and think about today's big lesson - trainee triathletes have to work on their weakest disciplines.

Today, I:
Did a spin cycle class
Ate 3 meals (2 of them extremly healthy, and 1 lovely, but not so good)

Drank some water, but probably not enough (any tips to drink more?)
Drank 2 cups of coffee
Drank 1 chai latte

Slept for 6 hours
Worked for 9 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment