Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Daughter joins triathlon challenge

When I'm swimming lengths it's so easy to get submerged in my own thoughts of, well, nothing.
It's just me and the strokes and the background mantra of counting.
My mum used to count her lengths by naming the states of America or rivers of the world, alphabetically of course.
"What are you up to Mum?"
"Kansas," would come the reply.
Or on other days: "The Nile."
Her ABC of world geography was amazing and, in comparison, my swimming brain is blank.
That's probably a good thing, because it means my mind actually shuts up. Yeah, it's possible.
Tonight I swam 34 lengths of a 25-metre pool and it's definitely getting easier.
Also signed up for the gym today with my daughter, Clementine. She's going to register for the triathlon on January 29 too and is out to beat me. Game on, I say.
She's only 31 years younger than me!
My motivation just went up a notch, if that's possible.

Today, I:
Swam 34 lengths
Worked 7 hours
Slept 8.5 hours
Joined a gym

No comments:

Post a Comment