Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Struggling with time

Yesterday was my first day of struggling.
Not with food, but with finding time to fit in exercise.
It was a full day and bitsy.
But worse is yet to come because the work demons are circling, ready to settle on my shoulders and whisper in my ears. "Go, go, go," they'll say, sending me into a frenzy of writing to get through the ridiculous number of stories needed in the next four days.
And so, despite the "life-balance" plan, I have a couple of extremely early mornings in front of me. You see that's when I work best - when the household is silent and words flow from me like water.
I do love it. But I would like to knock off at midday, not keep going for hours and hours.
Next week is looking much brighter!
Any, yesterday, I came home, made a chicken salad dinner (so virtuous) and headed off to do a 7pm interview with a couple of firefighters. When I came home it was dark.
But determination won through, so me and Xena (our family dog) went for a late walk under street lights. Thank goodness for the mild spring weather.
It was a tough day, but a good day; one full of interesting people doing great things. It ended with watching Grey's Anatomy alongside my beautiful whanau (family in Maori) and afterwards, we all sunk gratefully into our beds.
Which is where I'm heading now (haven't quite managed the dusk to dawn switch, have I?).

Yesterday's actions:
Worked 9 hours.
Ate three healthy and low-fat meals
Walked for 20 minutes (fast!)
Slept for 7 hours
Blogged again!

No comments:

Post a Comment