Thursday, September 29, 2011

Health more important than workouts

Yay, I'm getting better.
Plus I've been learning on the way back to wellness.
"Remind yourself that your body is fighting an illness," writes certified fitness trainer Paige Waehner on http://www.about.com/. "It needs all the energy it can muster for that, so don't take too much away just to get in a workout. In the long run, it's your health that's important...not missing a few workouts."
Thanks Paige, because I have been feeling frustrated and wondering if I should drag myself up and out for a trot around the block.
Also, a friend just said that instead of going back to bed, why don't I sit in the sun. It will boost my vitamin D, so am heading out there now.
Have been lying in bed listening to Henning Mankell audio books. The works by this Swedish writer are grim, but gripping. But I do wonder if illness and Mankell make such good bed fellows - after all his main character Kurt Wallander is a dour man.
Time to boost myself with some fresh orange juice too. Haven't felt much like eating.

Yesterday, I:
Worked for 3 hours (couldn't get out of this)
Slept for hours and hours
Ate hardly anything, but craved Vegemite
Drank lots of water
Did zero exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment